Search engine technology was introduced in the 90’s and has absorbed digital marketing practices over the last two decades. 2015 has been a booming year for the SEO industry worldwide. We experienced the long-awaited Mobilegeddon update that penalized websites lagging behind in the mobile responsive area, and a dozen or so other trivial updates from Google as well. Now, here are the latest trends to watch in 2016-17.
- Social Content will Gain Importance: In the coming years, SEO responsive content from social media such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn will get more value on the SERPs. Already, 76% of the SEO service companies use social media to maintain and boost Search Engine Optimisation, according to a report published at Impactbnd.com. In 2016-17, marketers will do anything likely to make their Facebook posts or Tweets rank higher on the SERPs.
- Mobile takes the Throne: While launching Mobilegeddon in 2015, the largest search engine on the world encouraged websites to be mobile-responsive, and will soon necessitate that websites are mobile-optimized. Mobile searches replaced desktop enquiries for the first time ever this year, furthermore, mobile will surpass desktop as the prime advertising platform for any kind of businesses in 2016-17, as SEO management companies identify the significance of connecting with clients wherever they are.
- Videos will still Rule the Web: Good news for SEO companies in India! According to the report of Marketing Land, videos make for 62% of all Google searches across the globe. So, why not grasp this chance to come into view on the first page of search engine results by counting an engaging video in your content? A professional SEO company will surely think about that. More to the point, videos dig up 50 times enhanced organic page ranks and 41% higher click through rates.
- Interactive Content will be on Focus: Making a deliberate and steady impact in the B2B space, the interactive content is a standard of brand engagement that is personal, memorable, and experiential. Online assessments, quizzes and audits are strategies that coalesce large data with customized experiences, and confront one-on-one conversations with potential clients.
- Increasing Importance of Local SEO: This tendency is simply going stronger over the years. Local SEO will expect to gain a solid position in the coming years, according to Entrepreneur.com. The Searchengineland says Local search leads 50% of mobile visitors to visit stores within a 24 hrs. Besides, over 60% consumers have used local information in ads. Your register in the local pages can add to consumer engagement with the business and the ranking too.
Although trends keep on evolving, but this is expected that these 5 SEO trends are likely to rule the web in 2016-2017. Whereas some of them will become died out, some will grow forward and outlast the rest.